Food for Thought
Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinade
Great for Flank Steak, Pork Tenderloin & Chicken
- 1/4 C. packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C. minced Green Onions
- 1/4 C. Bourbon
- 1/4 C. Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 C. Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 t. freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 t. Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine all 7 ingredients in a large zip-loc bag.
- Add Steak or Tenderloin. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours... or overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- When your grill is ready, remove the meat from the bag and place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill, turning once, until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- Let meat rest for 5 minutes before carving.
Flank Steak is best carved thin and on an angle against the grain.
Rare: 120 - 125 degrees
Medium Rare: 130 - 135 degrees
Medium: 140 - 145 degrees
Medium Well: 150 - 155 degrees
Well Done: 160 degrees & up
Pork: 145 degrees
Chicken: 165 degrees