Food for Thought
Cooking Tips: Pork Tenderloin
Cooking & Grilling
Pull the Pork Tenderloin out of the re-frigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking. (There are 2 Tenderloins in the Cryovac’d sheath, the following works for cooking just 1 OR both Ten-derloins).
Rub the Pork Tenderloin(s) generously on all sides with Lehr’s Prime Market’s Route 50 Seasoning.
OVEN: Preheat the Oven to 400 F.
Line a Baking Sheet with Foil. Place on the Baking Sheet and put on the Center Rack in your Pre-heated Oven. Cook for approxi-mately 18 - 20 minutes.*
GRILL: Prepare for Direct & Indirect Heat… coals on 1 side of the grill.
Sear Pork over hot coals on all sides… approx. 2 minutes per side. Place seared Pork on the other side of the grill (indirect heat). Close lid and continue to grill for approx. 10 to 15 minutes more. *
* Remove Pork from heat when Internal Temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Internal Temp @ 145 is more important than timing. All grills/ovens are different.
Pork Tenderloin will be light pink inside. DO NOT overcook or the Pork will become dry.
Let the Pork rest for approximately 10 minutes before carving. This allows the pork to retain it’s natural juices.
Want to get Fancy? Try these Glazes/Sauces…
Same cooking instructions BUT a little Salt & Pepper instead of generously rubbed Rte 50, AND….
Raspberry Dijon Glaze
OR Peach Jalapeno Glaze
Combine approximately Equal Parts
Seedless Raspberry Jelly OR Peach Jalapeno Jelly and Dijon Mustard - to taste. If you prefer a little more sweet, add more Jelly. Want it a little more tangy — more Dijon.
Whip the 2 together until very well blended and a little thinned out.
Salt & Pepper the Pork and dust w/ flour. Pour Glaze over Pork and put Pork in the OVEN or GRILL in an aluminum pan.. You don’t need to cover the whole surface as it will Melt and continue to cover the pork as it cooks.
Savory Mushroom Sauce
- Heat 1/2 T. Olive Oil & 2 T. UNsalted Butter in a skillet over Medium High heat.
- Add 10 - 12 oz. Mushrooms (any kind you prefer).
- Stir occasionally and cook until golden brown. (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Just before the mushrooms are tender and golden brown (at about 3 minutes), add 2 fresh garlic cloves - crushed AND a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, another minute or 2, until mushrooms are completely done.
- Add 3/4 C. Chicken or Vegetable Broth to the skillet, stir.
- Add 1 C. Heavy Whipping Cream, stir.
- Add 1/2 C. finely grated Parmesan Cheese, stir.
- Lower heat to Medium.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 2 - 3 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Add 2 tsp. Fresh Thyme (or 1/2 tsp. dried).
- Stir until Thyme is incorporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut COOKED Pork Tender-loin into Medallions.
- Spoon Mushroom Sauce over Cooked Pork.